Everyone knows that gluten-free breads can be unenjoyable to say the least. Many people who need to follow a gluten-free diet give up on eating bread altogether due to the lack of good options.
Luckily Canyon Bakehouse (my favorite gluten-free bread company) is now widely available, so no one had to suffer with less-than-delicious bread! Their bread is soft, toasts wonderfully, and they even have bagels, hamburger buns, and other fun bread products.
See below for a delicious and creative way to enjoy bread again 🙂
This healthy Brownie Batter Frosting changes everything. It’s rich and chocolatey enough to satisfy the most intense cravings, all while being refined sugar-free and vegan. Topping it with edible, gluten-free cookie dough and a drizzle of organic peanut butter was the perfect combination for this delicious DESSERT TOAST!
Serves: 2 – 202 calories 7.5 F / 32 C / 5 P (includes bread + all toppings)
- 2 slices Canyon Bakehouse gluten-free bread (7-Grain pictured)
- 1 recipe Brownie Batter Frosting (recipe below)
- 10 Cookie Dough pieces (recipe below)
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter (10g)
- Divide frosting evenly between pieces of bread and spread into an even layer.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of peanut butter and place 5 cookie dough pieces on each slice of bread.
- Toast in a toaster oven after adding toppings (recommended) for a melty, chocolatey treat. The frosting will not melt off, the cookie dough will cook slightly into half-baked cookies, SO GOOD!
Brownie Batter Frosting
Serves: 2 – 40 calories 1 F / 7.5 C / 2.5 P per serving
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (10g)
- 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter (12g)
- 2 stevia packets (or about 1.5 tablespoons sweetener of choice)
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (5ml)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (30ml)
- Mix cocoa, powdered peanut butter, and stevia in a small bowl.
- Add maple syrup, then add almond milk slowly until a thick frosting texture is reached.
Cookie Dough Pieces
Serves: 4 – 50 calories 2 F / 8 C / 0.5 P
- 2 tablespoons all purpose gluten-free flour (18g)
- 2 teaspoons coconut palm sugar or brown sugar (8g)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut flour (4g)
- 1 stevia packet (or about 2 teaspoons extra coconut sugar)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil (2.5g)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk (15ml)
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips (15g)
- Mix the first five ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla.
- Slowly add additional almond milk 1 teaspoon at a time if needed to reach a thick cookie dough texture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Form into about 20 small balls.
Feel free to go here to get a $1 off coupon to try some Canyon bread! 🙂
For tons more healthy dessert recipes, check out my four eBooks available here.
Thank you to Canyon Gluten-Free Bakehouse for sponsoring this post. I only work with brands I truly love and personally use. All opinions are my own.