These bars are gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, with added collagen protein for hair, skin, nail, and joint health. They make your house smell amazing while baking, and they’re a perfect make-ahead breakfast option.
Try boosting them with any add-ins you like – spices (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cardamom), ground flaxseed, brain octane/MCT oil, collagen, maca, etc.
Give them a try! They only take about 30 minutes from start to finish, including baking time!
Cinnamon Bun Collagen Breakfast Bars
Serves: 9 – 145 calories 7.5g F / 15g C / 5.5g P (4.8g sugar)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free quick oats (144g)
- 3 scoops collagen protein (30g – optional) (*edit: these are AMAZING using the Vanilla Caramel Collagen Keto Shake powder from AboutTime for some or all of the collagen – you can use code BAKETOBEFIT for 15% off at www.tryabouttime.com)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar, or sweetener of choice to taste (50g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of ginger, nutmeg, or any other spices you like
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (120ml)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil, melted coconut oil, or butter (56g)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and stir.
- Add wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Spread batter evenly into pan, and bake for 20-22 minutes or until slightly firm in the center.
- Enjoy warm or cold! Pictured here topped with dairy-free coconut yogurt and cinnamon.
- Try drizzling with melted coconut butter for a healthy icing, or serve warm with vanilla ice cream for an extra treat (it tastes like apple crisp without the apples!)
Tag me on Instagram and use #baketobefit if you try this recipe! Check out my five healthy dessert eBooks here for tons of dessert recipes that are healthy enough for breakfast 🙂
Wow. These look amazing. I’m definitely making them!