My variation on the popular keto “egg loaf” recipe, fried up into perfectly crispy French Toast Sticks 🙌🏼
This recipe is perfect to make ahead for a delicious, low-carb breakfast that can be ready in minutes! A serving of these French toast sticks keeps me full for hours and reminds me of Sunday mornings as a kid when my dad would always make French toast 😍
The best part is that since the bread is primarily composed of egg, you get to skip the step of dipping the bread into an egg mixture before frying it up. All you have to do is bake the loaf, slice it up, fry it, and dip in sugar-free maple syrup! SO easy!
Keto French Toast Sticks
Serves: 6 – Per serving: 300 calories 26g F / 2g C (net) / 11g P / 0.5g fiber / 1.5g sugar
🍞8 large eggs
🍞1 package cream cheese (8oz.)
🍞1/4 cup salted butter
🍞1 tsp vanilla extract
🍞1 Tbsp coconut flour
🍞1/2 tsp baking powder
🍯sugar-free maple syrup, for dipping (I use Choc Zero — use code SARAH for 10%)
- Allow eggs, butter, and cream cheese to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×4 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper for easier removal.
- Combine first four ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until combined.
- Pour batter into pan, and bake about 50 min-1 hr, or until firm in the center.
- Allow to cool. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight before slicing to use for the french toast sticks.
- Slice into approx. 24-36 stick shapes, or whatever size and shape you desire. (Tip: store pre-made sticks in the fridge, and fry immediately before serving)
- Heat a tablespoon of butter in a skillet over low-medium heat. Fry sticks in batches, turning until golden brown on all sides.
- Optional: Dip french toast sticks in mixture of 1-2 Tbsp sugar-free sweetener (I use Lakanto — use code SARAH for 20% off) mixed with 1/2 tsp cinnamon to coat.
- Dunk in sugar-free syrup, and enjoy!!!
For many more delicious keto dessert & comfort food recipes, check out The Keto Dessert eBook, currently 20% off using code KETO20! Full selection of eBooks here. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment, and make sure to come follow me on Instagram 🙂