PSL season (my favorite season) is officially here! And what better way to celebrate than with a delicious low-carb cake that perfectly pulls together all the flavors from your favorite cozy latte – except instead of drinking it, you get to eat it! This keto pumpkin spice latte cake will not disappoint any PSL lover, and may even convert a few non-believers over to the orange side.
This cake consists of three layers: a super moist, flavorful pumpkin spice cake, creamy whipped cream, and a delicious espresso infused buttercream to top it all off. A grande Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks contains over 380 calories, 52g net carbs, and 50g sugar, while a serving of this cake only contains 170 calories, 2g net carbs, and less than 1g sugar. That’s a no-brainer if you ask me. See ya later Starbucks, this keto cake has arrived. 😎
In case you missed it, I recently announced a secret project I’ve been working on, and it’s going to be an absolute game changer. I knew my audience needed a way to make healthier, keto-friendly desserts more convenient, so I set out to make that happen. My product line, Fit Bake, is officially launching in October/November 2020!!! The products are still a secret, but make sure to follow @shopfitbake on Instagram for the product reveal coming soon! Can’t wait to share!
Anyway, back to this recipe: I first developed this PSL cake recipe in fall of 2019, and it was such a hit that I also included it in my most recent resource, The Keto Dessert eBook 2.0, which is a complete guide to keto baking and even includes updates with new recipes on occasion! A new update was actually just added yesterday, and includes recipes for keto pumpkin bread and pumpkin spice cheesecake filled cookies. Definitely an amazing resource to check out if you need a go-to for amazing keto desserts!
At only 170 calories and 2 net carbs including all the toppings, this recipe is definitely a must-make! You’ll be surprised when it quickly gets gobbled up by keto and non-keto eaters alike. And although it looks like an impressive and complicated dessert, it’s actually fairly simple to make – ready start-to-finish in under 1 hour!
Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar-free sweetener*
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar-free sweetener*
- 1/4 cup salted butter softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar-free sweetener*
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine dry cake ingredients in a bowl. Add wet ingredients, and stir until combined.
- Pour into parchment lined 8x8-inch baking pan, and bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Whipped cream: beat heavy cream with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add sweetener.
- Buttercream: combine all ingredients in a bowl, and stir until smooth.
- Assemble: to get the “poke cake” affect (optional), poke holes into the cake. Spread cake evenly with whipped cream. Spread espresso frosting on top of whipped cream.
- Slice into 12 pieces, and enjoy!!!
Hope you enjoy this keto pumpkin spice latte cake recipe, and thank you so much for your support of Fit Bake! I can’t wait to share more details soon.
Feel free to leave a comment below with any questions.