It’s official… the next BakeToBeFit eBook will be a 100% KETOGENIC Dessert Cookbook! (EDIT: It’s available now! Click here to check it out.) Perfect not only for those who follow a keto diet, but for anyone wanting to reduce sugar or carb intake, and enjoy some seriously AMAZING desserts! (I may also be throwing in a few keto comfort food recipes as well – pizza and onion rings, anyone?!)
I plan to have the new book done in time for the holiday season this year! In the mean time, here’s a keto “brookie” recipe as a sneak preview. This combination of a fudgy, gooey brownie and chewy chocolate chip cookie is sure to please everyone in the room, and no one will believe they’re keto!
I HIGHLY recommend trying these delicious brookies, whether you follow a keto diet or not. After posting this recipe on Instagram as a collaboration with Lily’s Sweets Chocolate, it was such a hit that I had to post it on the blog as well!
Per serving: 170 calories 15.5g F / 2.3g C (net) / 4.5g P / 4g fiber
🍪1 1/3 cups blanched almond flour
🍪1/3 cup erythritol (or sweetener of choice*)
🍪1/2 teaspoon baking soda
🍪1/4 teaspoon salt
🍪1/4 cup butter, softened
🍪1/2 teaspoon vanilla
🍪1/3 cup sugar-free chocolate chips (I recommend Lily’s Sweets brand for stevia-sweetened chocolate chips)
🍫2/3 cup blanched almond flour
🍫1/2 cup erythritol (or sweetener of choice*)
🍫1/4 cup cocoa powder
🍫1/2 teaspoon baking powder
🍫1/4 teaspoon salt
🍫3 tablespoons butter, softened
🍫3 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate chips
*Note: non-impact carbs from erythritol are not included in nutritional info. If you do not need these to be ketogenic/sugar-free, feel free to use any granulated sweetener such as coconut palm sugar, cane sugar, etc. and regular chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease or line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper.
- Start with cookie layer: combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add butter and stir until distributed. Add egg and vanilla and stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon about 2/3 of the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan. Use wet fingers to spread dough evenly over bottom of pan.
- Follow same instructions as cookie layer to assemble brownie ingredients.
- Spoon brownie batter into the pan, and use either the back of a spoon or wet fingers to spread brownie batter evenly over cookie dough.
- Take remaining 1/3 of cookie dough and distribute randomly on top of brownie batter. I formed the remaining dough into circle shapes to keep some brownie peeking through.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool, slice, and enjoy!
Tag me on Instagram and use #baketobefit if you try this recipe! Check out my four current eBooks here for tons more healthy dessert recipes 🙂 If you own any of the current books when the new Keto Cookbook is released, you’ll receive an exclusive discount on the new book!