It’s official… the next BakeToBeFit eBook will be a 100% KETOGENIC Dessert Cookbook! Perfect not only for those who follow a keto diet, but for anyone wanting to reduce sugar or carb intake, and enjoy some seriously AMAZING desserts! (I may also be throwing in a few keto comfort food recipes as well – pizza and onion rings, anyone?!)
I plan to have the new book done in time for the holiday season this year! In the mean time, here’s a keto “brookie” recipe as a sneak preview. This combination of a fudgy, gooey brownie and chewy chocolate chip cookie is sure to please everyone in the room, and no one will believe they’re keto!
I do currently have four eBooks full of healthy desserts available now, which you can find more info on here. Keep in mind, everyone who owns any of the current eBooks will receive an exclusive discount on the new keto eBook when it comes out! If you’d just like to be notified when the book is available, make sure to enter your email in the subscription box on the homepage.
I HIGHLY recommend trying these delicious brookies, whether you follow a keto diet or not. After posting this recipe on Instagram as a collaboration with Lily’s Sweets Chocolate, it was such a hit that I had to post it on the blog as well!
Per serving: 165 calories 15g F / 5g C / 4.5g P (1.5g net carbs)*
🍪1 1/3 cups blanched almond flour
🍪1/3 cup erythritol (or sweetener of choice*)
🍪1/2 teaspoon baking soda
🍪1/4 teaspoon salt
🍪1/4 cup butter, softened
🍪1/2 teaspoon vanilla
🍪1/3 cup sugar-free chocolate chips (I recommend Lily’s Sweets brand for stevia-sweetened chocolate chips)
🍫2/3 cup blanched almond flour
🍫1/2 cup erythritol (or sweetener of choice*)
🍫1/4 cup cocoa powder
🍫1/2 teaspoon baking powder
🍫1/4 teaspoon salt
🍫3 tablespoons butter, softened
🍫3 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate chips
*Note: non-impact carbs from erythritol are not included in nutritional info. If you do not need these to be ketogenic/sugar-free, feel free to use any granulated sweetener such as coconut palm sugar, cane sugar, etc. and regular chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease or line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper.
- Start with cookie layer: combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add butter and stir until distributed. Add egg and vanilla and stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon about 2/3 of the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan. Use wet fingers to spread dough evenly over bottom of pan.
- Follow same instructions as cookie layer to assemble brownie ingredients.
- Spoon brownie batter into the pan, and use either the back of a spoon or wet fingers to spread brownie batter evenly over cookie dough.
- Take remaining 1/3 of cookie dough and distribute randomly on top of brownie batter. I formed the remaining dough into circle shapes to keep some brownie peeking through.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool, slice, and enjoy!
Tag me on Instagram and use #baketobefit if you try this recipe! Check out my four current eBooks here for tons more healthy dessert recipes 🙂 If you own any of the current books when the new Keto Cookbook is released, you’ll receive an exclusive discount on the new book!