The combination of a chewy, fudgy dark chocolate cookie filled with melty morsels of chocolate and butterscotch will have you questioning how it’s possible that these keto double chocolate butterscotch cookies could actually be 100% keto-friendly, with no sugar added and only 2 net carbs per cookie.
That’s always my goal with every recipe I create (check out all my eBooks here) or product I develop (check out my products available here). I aim to make you question everything… How is there no sugar in this?! Are you sure this is gluten-free?!? Why do the other keto recipes I’ve tried never come out like this??? In my 9+ years of experimenting with healthy baking, I’ve learned a thing or two 😉
So many of you have come to me surprised that healthier baking can actually taste just as good, or even better than the traditional versions. Don’t believe me? Check out my second Instagram account @baketobefit, where I repost your recreations of my recipes!
If you’re looking for a complete guide to keto baking, I highly recommend The Keto Dessert eBook 2.0. This best selling digital resource contains over 110+ and counting of the absolute best keto dessert recipes, all my tips and tricks, a one-page printable ingredient shopping list, and so much more in addition to all the recipes.
Now, let’s make some keto chocolate butterscotch cookies! I used Lily’s Sweets sugar-free butterscotch chips, but you could feel free to sub in regular chocolate chips or any other type of flavored morsel that you prefer.
I highly recommend using a Dutch processed cocoa powder in these for the ultimate rich dark chocolate flavor, but regular cocoa powder may be substituted if necessary.
Keto Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 6 tbsp Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup sugar-free sweetener*
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup sugar-free butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir all dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add butter, egg, and egg yolk, and stir until combined.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the butterscotch chips, and all of the chocolate chips.
- Place 1.5-inch balls of dough at least 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Use fingers to smooth out each dough ball, then press each ball down slightly.
- Use the remaining 1/4 cup of butterscotch chips to generously top each cookie.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. Allow to cool, and enjoy!